Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Place for the Other

Here is a short video of  comparative religion writer and initiator of the Charter for Compassion, Karen Armstrong, being questioned about the Muslim community center proposed to be built two blocks from the site of the former World Trade Center. I was quite taken with Armstrong's answer, feeling that she had spoken a truth.






I would also like to point readers to the op-ed e-letter, Green-Dog Democrat, of Joe Burgess of my town of Frankfort, KY. His current issue entitled, "The Washington Post March over Gingrch and other ignorami" is on the controversy surrounding the center. It is posted on the web here.

Additionally, I note that the two arms of my faith community, the Unitarian Universalist Association and the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee, sent a joint letter to New York's mayor, Michael Bloomberg, in support of the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment